Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Interview With A New Desire Author!- Part 1


Good Morning!  Today is Day 2 of my Release Party for my friend and critique partner, Cat Schield!  Today I'm sharing Cat's answers to some of the questions I asked.

Lexi:  Tell us about your debut novel, a brand new Harlequin Desire released yesterday. 

Cat:  Meddling With A Millionaire is about a woman whose father meddles in her love life and arranges for her to marry the man she had a teenage crush on.  She wants to marry for love. Her intended groom isn’t convinced love and marriage go together.  

Lexi:  Oooh, what a great story!  I can't wait to read it.  What do you wish you'd known before getting "The Call"?

Cat:  That promotion was going to take up a lot of time and energy.   That just because you sold a book that doesn't mean the anxiety goes away or the waiting gets any easier.

Lexi:  How has life changed for you since "The Call"?

Cat:  Believe it or not, I write less.  I'd written two books targeted at Desire while I waited to sell Meddling With A Millionaire.  I revised those and sold both.  I'm really glad I had the first drafts done because it took a lot of pressure off.

Lexi:  What's been the most surprising thing since "The Call"?

Cat:  How much input I had with my first cover.  The art department did a fabulous job incorporating elements of the book.  The roses, the strawberries, and the diamond.  It was really cool to see those highlighted so beautifully on the cover.

Lexi:  What inspired you to write and especially contemporaries?

Cat:  I've written since I was in middle school.  I started writing short contemporary in high school.  It's mostly what I was reading at the time.  I love the alpha males and the spunky heroines that drive them crazy.

Okay, folks!  Tune in tomorrow for the rest of Cat's interview with me!  If you have comments or questions, leave those too and I'm sure I can get Cat to swing by for a bit for us.  Remember, every comment or question you leave will put you in a drawing for the Meddling With a Millionaire prize pack, which includes a copy of Cat's debut novel!  (And if you're one of my blog followers, you'll have an extra entry in the drawing.)  The contest is open until midnight Saturday and the winner will be announced Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the interview looks great! Thanks for doing this for me. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete