Thursday, June 9, 2011

Interview With A New Desire Author!- Part 2

Hello Again!  I'm glad you've decided to join us again today for the 2nd half of Cat Schield's interview:



Lexi:  Describe your perfect writing day.

Cat:  My perfect day I grab a cup of coffee and get on the computer.  After rereading a couple pages that I wrote the day before to get back in the swing of the story, I'm ready to tackle my word count.  Hopefully I get enough done by noon so I can take a break and go catch a movie with my daughter.  Then I get another hour or two of writing done before I knock off for the evening. 

Lexi:  Ah, that does sound perfect!  What's your favorite movie and why?

Cat:  GiGi.  It's a wonderful period piece with fabulous costumes, wonderful characters, delightful songs and a classic romance. 

Lexi:  If you could be any fictional character who would you be and why?

Cat:  Fiona from Burn Notice.  She's hot.  Gets to live in Miami.  Can handle herself in dangerous situations and gets to work with super spy Michael Weston. 

Lexi:  Oh, yeah.  I hadn't thought of Fiona, but you are right!  Any advice for unpublished writers? 

Cat:  Set yourself a deadline and make sure you keep it.  It's good practice for when you sell and have to deliver a book within a limited time frame.

Lexi:  And finally, what's next for you?

Cat:  I just sold my third book to Desire and contracted for book four so I'm going to be working on that story.  

Whoohoo on the 2-book contract!  Congratulations!  I can't wait for them!  Thanks, Cat, for taking time out of your busy schedule to visit with us.

Folks, join us tomorrow when we'll have excerpts from Cat's work!  And remember, if you want a chance at winning the Meddling With a Millionaire prize pack, be sure to leave a comment between now and Saturday night and let us know you want to be in the running!  For every comment, you'll have one more entry in the drawing!  (And if you become a follower of this blog, you'll get ANOTHER entry in the drawing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment