Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Goal Met


Some of you have followed me since I chose to leave my teaching job in June 2010. I thought I’d share the revelation I uncovered a few days ago:

Lately, I've had to cancel my cable/internet/phone, my RWA membership, my Scottish Life magazine subscription. Other sacrifices will be coming as well. I can't plan any vacations, not even to see my brother & sister-in-law in Houston. I've searched for a roommate and talked to a realtor about renting out my condo and finding me another place to live.

And you know what?

I'm okay because my reason for quitting was to focus more on my writing. By the end of 2011, I will have written and revised Tell Me No Lies (which was my 2010 Nano book) and it will be ready for submission soon, I've written the rough draft of my 1st Inspirational suspense story, I will write the rough draft of my 2nd bounty hunter story during NaNo 2011, I will have revised and submitted my 1st novella and I will hopefully have written/revised the 2nd novella. 

Are things perfect? Of course not.
But it seems I have reached my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment