Sunday, December 11, 2011

Burn, Baby, Burn!

I'm hoping to have a rejection burning party at my brother's house while we celebrate my niece's 10th birthday. I always kept my rejections, printed them out if they were emails, and vowed that once I sold I would burn them all and never save another one again. It will be an amazing feeling to put each one in the fire pit. Of course, I'll count them before I do it so I can have an official account of how many I received before I got my 1st contract. I'll let you know later today! And maybe I'll take some pictures!

LATER: 63 rejections burned, no pics, but I did have a couple of beers to celebrate! The earliest rejection was dated September 1999.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, post pictures ... or,keep them. I remember the best speaker I saw was Christie Craig and one of the things she did was bring in a box and a large sack. Then as she spoke she began pulling paper out of the sack and dumping them into the box .. her way of showing us unpubs that a lot of rejections can go before "the call". Good reminder between contracts too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray, Lex! Burn 'em, keep 'em--either way, celebrate every moment of your success!

    ReplyDelete