Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year's Eve

As my last post for 2011, I thought I'd highlight the events of my year:

I began the year in my favorite place in the world, Edinburgh
I began teaching online classes. (I taught 4)
I got a request for a full from an editor (that I'm still waiting to hear back from)
I got a new part-time job (that I love) tutoring and a great 3-month review
I lost 18lbs and won the fitness challenge at my gym
I gained some of the weight back :(
I added more freelance editing gigs to my resume
I turned 40
I got back in touch with several friends from my childhood, including my 1st BFF
I applied for tons of "real jobs" while I continued substitute teaching
I moved out of my condo
I wrote 1 1/2 novellas, 2 full-length romantic suspense stories and revised another
I signed my 1st writing contract 

Tomorrow I'll post my goals and hopes for the new year. For now, I'd like to wish everyone a happy and healthy new year. If you are celebrating the arrival of 2012, I hope you celebrate wisely and safely.
See you next year!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a pretty good year to me, sunshine! And I have no doubt 2012 will be even better! Love and miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bren! I think we need to make a resolution to see each other in 2012! Maybe you'll come down for my release party?

    ReplyDelete