Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Brain Is Mush

I've been at the temporary sub job for 8 days, 4 with kids, and it's HARD. I like the staff I'm working with and I love what I'm learning about myself as both a teacher and a human being. But the kids are difficult. Very difficult. In fact, some of the attitudes & behaviors are the exact reasons I left the last teaching job. But I'm taking things 1 day at a time, 1 class at a time and I'm focusing (as I always do) on the positives. For example, every time I start to think, "I can't do this" something positive happens--a teacher says thank you for staying, a janitor says thank you because the room isn't as messy as it has been, a student drops me a note that says thank you for teaching us. I can't help but think there's a reason I'm the one that's here in this class at this time. I won't try to explain it. I'll just go with it one day at a time.

With all the stress of this temporary day job, I've been so exhausted after work each night that I haven't done much else. I've been working on filling out the paperwork for the guest blog spots/interviews I have scheduled for Champion's release. I planned specifics about my online party. (Are you coming????) I'm always looking for other ways to promote my baby too.

Also with the day job I haven't had a chance to really think about how my publisher has the 2nd novella. At times I chew on my fingernails, but not for long because there's always something else to do.

This weekend I intend to get busy with revising my partial that's been requested as well. You've heard a bit about this story, Unbroken, on here. It was written last summer. I'd like to submit that before Champion comes out (so within 4 weeks!) so I can focus my attention on Champion.

Okay, I'm off to have another cup of tea and watch the last 1/2 hour of English soccer (Chelsea vs. Bolton) before I have to get ready for a staff meeting for my part-time job. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment