Saturday, May 19, 2012

Checkin' In


Today......

I'm working on: 3rd novella, now called Simple Treasures.
I'm feeling: TIRED and frustrated!
I'm specifically working on: weaving in new writing with bits and pieces of what I wrote before.
I'd like: to sleep for 7, 8 straight hours. I've been averaging 4-5 a night this week. I'd also like another couple of hours stuffed into each day. Who's going to work on that for me?

I'm supposed to be finishing it up so I can send it to my FANTABULOUS Critique Partner sometime today. Am I? 
Nope. I'm pleased I've been making steady progress (until last night where I only wrote a couple hundred words), but I just can't work any faster. I did send chapter 1 to my CP earlier in the week, but that was it. I learn so much as I create the rest of the story, and I need to revise again before I send it to her.

As of right now....I'm about 7500 words short of a full novella. I've got the plans, I know what's happening, I've got the inspiration to do it. I'm hoping I can knock off a HUGE chunk of it today since I have an entire day for uninterrupted writing. Tomorrow I need to do edits for Fracured Paradise and then I can spend Monday and Tuesday working on finishing up Treasures. Then it's on to the next project!

And did I tell you I got a revision letter from Harlequin earlier this week for a story aimed at the Harlequin Romantic Suspense line? I'm thrilled with that, but I can't even think about those revisions for another couple of weeks!

No rest for the wicked!

10pm: I've written 7100 words today! I never thought I could write that much in one day! I'm taking a much needed break to watch TV for a bit, and then I'm going to push on to write the ending to Treasures!

2 comments:

  1. Alexa, m'dear, you must sleep! You'll get surly and sick if you don't. You creativity will vanish and your hair will fall out. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries, Jan! I slept 8 1/2 hours last night & feel great today!

    ReplyDelete