Monday, July 16, 2012

Seven Meme with Her Reluctant Protector

I've been picked by my new friend Sabrina Garie to participate in the Seven Meme. I'm expected to share some of my work in progress in raw form. I have a choice-the 7th page or the 77th. From there, I count seven lines, share the next seven and choose seven writers to do the same.

I'm working on revisions for HER RELUCTANT PROTECTOR, which is targeted to the Harlequin Romantic Suspense line. This is also the story I've been using for my Six Sentence Sundays. My lines are from page 77. (I know it looks like more than 7 lines, but I promise it's not! I just couldn't get them posted right without pulling my hair out.) Here ya go!

“Are you all right?  You’re not injured, are you?”  Jason took his eyes off the road for a quick glance at her.
Her brain registered both questions.  “No.”  She’d never be all right again.  
Nothing would ever be right again.

           Numbness settled over her limbs.  She pulled her knees to her chest and stared at the floor. 

Alissa dead.  Mick...hurt.  Dave guilty.  He’d killed a woman in cold blood, had tried to kill her and

Jason.  This couldn’t possibly get worse.  She closed her eyes. 


Now, I don't usually choose people to participate after me, BUT if you are an author and want to post your seven, please do and let me know so I can come read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment