Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Prepping for NaNoWriMo!

At 12:01 tonight I'll be on my way to writing 50,000 words in the month of November with TONS of people around the world. It's National Novel Writing Month! I'll be working on a story called Silent Surrender. I was going to work on a different book, but this one is better for me to write at the moment. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! For more info about NaNoWriMo, visit the website here. I'll be sharing my progress and my insanity on this blog during the month, so be sure to check on me! And let me know if you're participating in NaNo. We can support and console each other.

Here is a picture of all my necessary items for me to have a successful NaNoWriMo:
*2 gorgeous pictures of Glenfinnan, Scotland (my happy place) that one of my best friends sent me for my birthday. These are for inspiration.
*The paper on the left is specific writer craft details I need to keep in mind as I write.
*3 notebooks, because I write all my rough drafts by hand.
*Tissues for when the characters make me cry or when I cry because they're no longer talking to me.
*Pens and pencils for writing in those notebooks.
*Nail file for fixing my nails after I chew them off out of worry and/or frustration.
*Ipod, because I usually get "in the zone" when I've got music.
*A pencil sharpener for those pencils I break from either writing too fast or from snapping them in half out of panic.
*Aspirin for the headaches I'll get when the characters go one way and I want the story to go another.
*Peanut M&Ms because they're my favorite candy....wait. That package is open. Hey! Who stole my M&Ms????? (Well, at least I have a few more hours to stock up!)

2 comments:

  1. Cute post! I don't know much about Nano write month, I need to check it out. I wish you the best in reaching your writing goal!
    Cheers,
    Nishi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!!!!! I've friended you. :) Here's to a great NaNo!

    ReplyDelete