Friday, December 21, 2012

The BEST Christmas Present!!!

I got a full-time job!!!!! I left my teaching job 2 1/2 years ago for various reasons that I won't go into here. I've been substitute teaching, writing, freelance editing,tutoring and teaching online classes as I've searched for another full-time job. I've had LOTS of ups and downs over that time, but maybe things are turning around.

This past Wednesday I walked in for an interview for a teaching assistant job at a local school, to work with Kindergarten kids. I'm SOOOOOO not the right kind of person to work in a full classroom of kindergarteners, but I figured it was a foot in the door and might eventually lead to something more positive. Imagine my delight when they talked to me about ANOTHER open position they had, a writing tutor.

Naturally I was THRILLED, talked about all my qualifications, including my passion for writing, and today I received a contract in the email for a full-time English Tutor position with the school. I'll start when the school year resumes on January 7th. For now, I get to relax and enjoy the holidays while looking forward to teaching what I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment