Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop!!!


Week 25: THE NEXT BIG THING BLOG HOP

There are the books everyone has heard about: Twilight, Hunger Games, Fifty Shades of Gray. But what about all those books written by people you’ve never heard of? Some of them are treasures, just waiting to be found, and that’s what this blog hop is all about: the books you might not have heard about, but that you might end up loving.
This blog hop is like a game of tag. One author posts and tags other authors who link back to their website the next week and tag new authors. If you follow the blog hop long enough, you’re bound to find some books you’ll love! Maybe you’ll even discover a book that ends up being the next big thing.
I was tagged by Julie Kenner. You can learn more about her book Carpe Demon (and all sorts of other titles!) on her website www.juliekenner.com
This blog hop includes ten questions to help you learn more about an author’s current work in progress, so here’s a little info about my current project:

1: What is the working title of your book?
Silent Surrender

2: Where did the idea come from for the book?
My senior editor at Decadent Publishing suggested I write a story for one of my secondary characters from my first book, Her Highland Champion. I loved the character, Meggie MacDougall, so I was thrilled with the chance to tell her story too!

3: What genre does your book fall under?
It is a short story contemporary romance.

4: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Ah, I never reveal my actor inspiration. I leave that up to the reader!

5: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
To Quinn O'Connell, working as a football coach means everything to him until a chance encounter with Highland lass Meggie MacDougall teaches him how life is worth so much more.

6: Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Neither. It will be submitted to my publisher this month and hopefully available for readers in the spring of 2013!

7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Because it's a short story, it only took about two weeks. (Of course, there are LOTS of revisions to do in the following weeks, though!)

8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Hhhhhmmmm, not sure about that. I think it's along the same lines as the TV show Monarch of the Glen, which was actually the first inspiration for all my modern day Highland stories.

9: Who or What inspired you to write this book?
As I said, my senior editor had a lot to do with this story coming to life. As for the Irish hero, he showed up on his own and demanded a spot in the story. I tried to make him Scottish, but he refused.

10: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

The story is set in the Highlands of Scotland, but it's a modern story. Also, the hero is a fiesty Irishman who won't take no for an answer!

Jane Sevier (http://janesevier.com/) will be joining the hop for week 26 on December 19th. I hope you’ll visit her blog next week and learn more about her FANTABULOUS books. Maybe Jane will become your new favorite author! Thanks for visiting with me!


 

1 comment: