Sunday, February 10, 2013

Several Sentence Sunday!

Hello! Since www.sixsunday.com is no longer in operation, I've been debating whether to keep it up on my own. After seeing several other authors continue on their own, I decided to follow suit. So, here is my Several Sentence Sunday excerpt!

This is a snippet from the first chapter of my upcoming short story contemporary romance, Carry Me Home. I'm in the process of working on edits for it now, so I don't have a release date yet. I don't even have a cover yet! But, I figured I'd give you a taste of what will soon be coming your way.

If you read my first Honor Guard book, Her Highland Champion, you'll recognize the hero and heroine of this new story. They were secondary characters in that 1st book.

And now, here are your several sentences.....

Jamie stared at the lass’s fine arse strutting away from him. Her hair had been cut, straightened and the summer dress with the flowery print accentuated all the curves he’d fallen for so many years ago, the curves he knew so intimately. And those heels, for the love of St. Bridget, Mary hadn’t worn high heels like that since she left school. They’d brought her closer to his height, yet she still only reached his shoulders.

She’d left Glenhalish in January a cold, distant housewife and come back this alluring woman. For a moment, panic set inside his gut. He’d intended to convince her to come home so they could face their grief and move on together, but seeing how much happier, sexier and sophisticated she was, perhaps Edinburgh was good for her, better than he could be.

But he wanted her back, wanted to get through this rough patch they’d strayed onto after the lad’s death, and return to the partnership they’d shared since primary school. They had too many years left. She couldn’t leave him. He wouldn’t survive without her.

The lass may have plans to leave him forever, but Jamie MacDougall wouldn’t give her up without a fight.

Well? What do you think?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment