Friday, April 5, 2013

Non-Fiction Friday

Welcome to Non-Fiction Friday!

Most of you, by now, know I'm a teacher in my real world. I taught in my own classroom for 9 years before I'd had enough and needed to get out. Since January I've been a Writing tutor for a charter school. I love what I do now and I love some of my coworkers and kids. (Not all of them. It's just like every other workplace. Some good, some not so good. No place is perfect.)

Although I've only been here for the last 3 months, I'm feeling the "senioritis" everyone else is. I'm ready for the summer. Which is REALLY odd because once the last day of school comes, I won't be getting paid again until school starts up in August.

But I still look forward to the summer as if I were a full-time teacher.

I'm hoping I can land some extra hours at my part-time job and maybe some summer school hours too. I'm also looking forward to the chance of spending countless hours on my writing. (I think about that often, but it doesn't always work out that way. Odd, huh?) So yeah, it's been great where I am, being a part of the same community and being able to share good writing news with people who actually care.

But I do long for the opportunities to sleep in a few mornings, to stay in my PJs all day or to hit the gym for 2 or 3 classes instead of 1.

OOOOHHHHH....speaking of gym....I've only been once this week, BUT I have been following my diet all week! Yesterday alone I managed to avoid the donuts, the jelly beans and the ice cream sandwiches my coworkers offered me. Success! (Hey, I'll take it. Dieting is all about one meal at a time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment