Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sneak Peek Sunday!

Welcome! Today's blog post has a new name. Instead of Section Sunday, this day's posts will now be called Sneak Peek Sunday! Several authors are joining together each Sunday to bring you six paragraphs of one of their works. Find out more about it here.

Today I'm bringing you six paragraphs from the Tease Entice book I'm editing right now, Silent Surrender. I don't have a release date for it yet, but it's soooooooo coming along and I LOVE these characters! Meggie and Quinn had a fling in his hometown of Dublin eight months ago. Now he's come to her Highland village of Glenhalish (From Her Highland Champion and the June Tease book Carry Me Home) to find her and explore the connection they have. She is worried about her reputation in her tiny village. In this scene, they've just been making sandwiches for a group of people watching football at her house when he starts this conversation. Let me know what you think!


Meg, I wanted to explain about the picture. I’m sorry I seemed insensitive to it, but try seeing it from my point of view. People recognize me all the time. Some ask for autographs, others want pictures. Some take what they want without me even knowing it. When I first started coaching and people recognized me, it drove me mad. But the reality is I can’t control everyone’s movements. Unless it’s something that’s truly offensive, I don’t get angry about it anymore.” He pulled her knuckles to his lips and kissed them. “And I really did love that picture. I went to the store and bought more copies of it.”

Why did warmth coil in her belly at those words?

Quinn invaded her space and cupped her cheek. “It’s a wonderful picture of you with your ginger curls, that purple shirt molding to your lovely curves.”

Don’t.” But she didn’t push him away.

His thumb swirled along her skin and the scent of him invaded her nostrils. “Why do you fight it? Us?” His lips brushed over the shell of her ear. Dizziness swirled inside her brain. So much she wanted to give in, to fall back into his strong arms, to feel the muscles in his chest, his back, to surrender to the beautiful experience she could have with him. But she had too much to lose.

She raised her hands, planted her palms on his chest. To ward him off, aye?





4 comments: