Friday, May 17, 2013

Non-Fiction Friday!

Welcome to Non-Fiction Friday! This is where I talk about my "real world", outside of my writing. I may eventually talk about non-fiction books I'm reading, but not today!

I'll be on a semi-vacation in just 2 weeks and 4 days! I say semi because I'll still be doing a bit of work. (Gotta promote the new book, of course!) BUT I do plan to be taking a break from writing and I plan to limit my online time to a certain amount each day and stick to it. I've got plans to go out with friends, hang with family and see some people I haven't seen in ages. I'm also planning to be a book nerd. I've got 3 books lined up so far for my vacation.

I bought One Summer by David Baldacci at my school's Scholastic book fair. I do like his work, the back cover blurb sounded good and I love the cover.
I'm also reading a copy of Can't Stop Believing by Jodi Thomas. I worked with Jodi when she appeared on my group blog, Get Lost in a Story before. She graciously sent me a copy of her latest book. I've read one other one, loved it, and reviewed it, so I'm excited about this one too!

This last book, A Year by the Sea by Joan Anderson, I found at a local book store, The Book Stop. My mom and I LOVE going to book stores together and we were in picking up a book she'd ordered. I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything new because I want and need to read some of the ones I have waiting for me, but I kept walking back to this book. I figured, at that point, that I'd regret it if I didn't buy it. Plus, it was on sale! So I bought it and decided it would be one of my vacation books! 
 
So, have you read any of these? Am I in for a treat? If you haven't read them and would like to find out more about any of them, I've included a link to the authors' web pages for you.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment