Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Way Back Wednesday!

Welcome to Way Back Wednesday! With the end of the school year only 2 days away, I thought I'd share a memory from my professional, "real world" career.
 
In 2002, I finished my first year of teaching. At the time, the school was new and most of the teachers were as well. In all we had 5 teachers, 2 staff members and about 50 kids. Needless to say we were a lot like a family.
 
On the last day of school, the staff decided to go out for drinks. Most of went, including our super cool principal who, I think, bought us a round of drinks. We stayed, talked, patted each other on the back. We drank and drank....and drank some more. At one point, we glanced out the window in the restaurant and saw the traffic and decided to stay for dinner...and more drinks.
 
By the end of our night, the sky was dark and the staff at the restaurant had stopped coming to our table. Much of a hint?
 
It was a great time with great people and I'm so thankful I started my teaching career where I did. The following year things changed, the school grew and although it was still a great place to be, nothing could compare to that last day of our first year.

No comments:

Post a Comment